Childhood dreams of cauliflower cheese, or even baked potato? This dish delivers on taste, nostalgia and satisfaction, without the heavy, I need to unzip my pants feels.
I prepped it all while the roast chicken was in the oven and then popped it in for the last ten minutes. Gluten and dairy free, this is such a crowd pleaser you can truely make and serve with love.
This also double as an excellent swap in for pasta as the next recipe will reveal. It covers most bases for comforting, warm and wintery.
Ingredients for four portions:
- 1 whole head of cauliflower
- one batch of hummus made to the recipe below
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- thyme, salt and pepper to top and taste.
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Blitz the above in a blender until smooth and creamy, add a little water or extra lemon juice if needed. I avoid oil to save on calories.
- Get your cauliflower into small florets and boiling away for about 6-8 minutes or until softened to your liking.
- Next, prepare the hummus with the ingredients and to the instructions above.
- Once the cauliflower is soft and the hummus is smooth, mix them together and pop into an oven safe tray or dish. Sprinkle with savoury yeast flakes, thyme, salt and pepper according to your own preference (I am usually a little more heavy handed than most.)
- It would be gorgeous as is and topped with a protein of your choice or it can be further toasted in the oven for 8-10 minutes and served as a side.
The above makes 4 serves, the macros described are per serve:
Each: 72cal 7.5gP 1.4gF 12.5gC
One thought on “‘Cheesey’ Cauliflower Bake”