Developed for endurance athletes. They are absolutely ideal for before or after your event. These balls provide a good smack of carbs for muscle recovery and readily absorbed fats in the form of MCT. The cordyceps and maca are your featured adaptogens to support mitochondrial efficiency (access to energy) and fight oxidative damage and stress the tissues may experience during your training.
The chew factor on these make them epicly morish and that crunch that sneaks in from the cacao gives a really nice rounding to the mouth feel. You may want to make them without the honey if you like it a little less sweet but you will lose a little of that all important carb content.
Cinnamon does things to peanut butter. They’re such a classic combo and palatable for kids which makes whipping these up a super fun family venture. Watch them squish the balls in their hands and giggle in contention with that mouthful of dreamy, gooey, nuttiness.
- ½ cup dry rolled oats
- ¼ cup Almond meal
- ¼ cup peanut butter (plus extra for lashing atop)
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp cacao nibs
- 1tbsp Maca powder
- 1tbsp Cordyceps mushroom powder
- 1tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Create a well and add the remaining ingredients.
- Combine into a paste that should stick together, form into balls.
- Use a fork to lash with peanut butter and garnish with cacao nibs and chia seeds etc or store to set in fridge straight away.
Freezing these and then coating with melted chocolate is an easy way to turn these endurance and performance enhancing bites into a satisfyingly chewy dessert.
The above makes 8 balls. The following macros are per ball.
Each: 111cal 3gP 6.4F 10gC
The Power of Cordyceps Mushroom
Increase oxygen utilisation and strengthen your respiratory power for a boost to your endurance and stamina as well as supporting your immunity and recovery.
If you want to know more about how you can eat to support your performance goals, book your nutrition consult below.