Your initial time investment is a short and sweet 5 minutes of mixing the marinade together and coating the chicken to be marinaded for 24 hours.
From here, you can achieve the wafts of eastern scents pervading your kitchen from a perfectly roasted meal in just 20 minutes.
A stunning balance of high quality protein, fats and carbs. What else would you want for the mid week?
Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and extremely nutritious and satiating.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt (for marinading)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp garem masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of salt and pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1tsp ginger powder
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander seed
- sumac to garnish and enhance
The Sauce to go atop can be prepared the night before and will keep 4 days in the fridge (so long as your coconut yoghurt is within that use by time frame)
It’s stunning on curries, fish and stir fries so feel free to do a bigger batch if you wish.
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp cardomen
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch of salt
Simply mix together with a fork or whisk until smooth
- First pre heat your oven to 200 degrees celsius and get a a litre of water onto boil in your kettle or stove top. In the meantime, finely slice your sweet potato.
- Line a tray with baking paper or a smidge of coconut oil and arrange your chicken and sweet potato slices. Spoon remnants of your yogurt marinade onto the sweet potato and pop into the oven for 16 minutes.
- Place broccolini into a pot and blanch with your boiled water for about ten minutes so t retains a lovely crunch and sweetness.
- Once the chicken and sweet potato have roasted, remove tray for the oven safely and use tongs to arrange the chicken and sweet potato onto a plate. Shake excess water off the broccolini to go onto the plate.
- Drizzle with a your yogurt sauce, sprinkle with sumac and you are good to go.
The above makes 2 serves. The following macros are per serve:
Per serve: 669kcal 39gC 31gF 58gP