Possibly the most excellent baked eggs I have ever had the pleasure to share in my garden.
Twirling the fork around the sweet roasted strands of squash whilst it picked up tomato, dip, egg and spice is a mouth water experience. It didn’t need the toast but the additional crunch factor was much appreciated.
A perfect once to enjoy these last few days of winter, especially as you will find the spaghetti squash “bowl” keeps the whole mixture hot and steaming long after it has been served.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tin of tomato
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp ras el hanut spice
- salt and pepper
- additional toppings as you like V
- Tahini dip
- dukkuh (middle easter spice)
- smoked paprika
- Slice squash in half ridding it of its seeds. Arrange in air fryer or oven roasting dish. Sprinkle a tsp of salt and pepper over the squash. If roasting in an oven you may need a tsp of olive oil. Not necessary in an air fryer. Roast for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the squash s ready or a couple of minutes off, empty a tin of tomatoes into a pot on medium-high heat and add a teaspoon of ras el hanut spice, cover with lid and let it simmer until bubbling.
- Crack four eggs into the tomato mixture once it is pipping hot and cover with lid.
- While the eggs are cooking, get your bread toasting.
- Once eggs have been cooking in tomato mixture and have hardened to your liking (3-4 minutes for a gooey centre, longer if you prefer firmer eggs) spoon out the tomato mixture into the squash and carefully scoop eggs in too.
- Add your toppings and get messy with your toast!
The above with tahini dip makes 2 serves, the macros described are per serve and without toast or other toppings
Each: 301cal 18gP 13gF 28gC
Please note that a tsp of olive oil delivers another 25 calories per serve and 5g of fat. Check the nutritional information on your bread and make choices that serve your goals.
Eating new things can be scary but eating healthier does not have to be a horrendous experience. For my help with your nutrition goals, to feel better in your body reach out to the details below and we can start the journey together!