Consider this bowl my sign of appreciation and recognition. This if for everyone who puts time into themselves, their loved ones, their community. Those endeavours take time! So take some back with world’s easiest bowls.
Meal prep friendly, family friendly, budget friendly. Tick boxes and hit goals.
Ingredients for four portions:
- 1 whole chicken quartered
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 2 eggplants
- 2 sheets of seaweed
- rice or hummus makes a great optional extra if you are not saving your carbs for dessert.
Note: you could really use what ever vegetables are in your fridge, that is the beauty of a ‘bowl’.
- Baste the chicken pieces with miso and arrange on baking tray or insert into air fryer. If roasting in an oven ensure it has pre-heated and set to 190 degrees Celsius on a roast setting then leave in for between 25-30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Otherwise just roast according to your air fryer’s instructions.
- Slice and season eggplant (if you can salt it ahead of time to let it ‘sweat’ for 5 minutes before roasting, you will achieve a sweeter tasting eggplant.) Again, pumpkin, zucchini or broccoli would make great options roasted.
- Place vegetables in the oven along with the chicken for the last 15 minutes of roast time.
- Once all is roasted and ready, arrange in your bowl alongside seaweed and any carbs you may have wished to add. Hummus recipe can be found in the link below.
How do I turn this into lunch for the next couple of days?
Simple cook in bulk, pre slice your tomato, cucumber and arrange in your lunchbox along side any kid of dip or carbohydrate you feel you need.
The above will serve four generous portions
Bowl with breast portion of chicken: 535cal 62gP 31gF 8gC
Bowl with leg portion of chicken: 520cal 45gP 37gF 7gC
Please note that the tsp of olive oil delivers another 25 calories per serve and 5g of fat, if cooking with oil. Dips and carbs of course come with their own extra calories and macro-nutrients too.