Think smooth and seasoned pumpkin with all manner of spring vegetables sautéed and crisped to perfection in the pan, lovingly thrown atop. A tangy hit of tomato chutney and generous sprinkle of spice took us home.
- 300g pumpkin
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 100g cooked chick peas
- 1/4 head of broccoli
- 1 leak
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- a stock cube
- small dollop of butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional enhancers are tomato chutney and dukkuh (middle eastern spice mix)
- Slice pumpkin thinly and cauliflower into small florets. Lay on roasting tray or arrange on air-fryer tray. Season with salt, pepper smoked paprika and thyme. If using a conventional oven, roast at 200 degrees for 25 minutes. Otherwise, set airfryer to 190 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While those are roasting merrily away, begin to finely slice broccoli and leak, if using tinned chickpeas now is the time to drain and pat dry. Melt your small dollop of butter in a pot (this will save washing later) and sauté your sliced vegetables and chickpeas with salt, pepper and a bit more thyme. Depending on your stove heat and how diligently you stand by to stir them the veg about, you are looking at about 10-12 minutes till they are done.
3. Once your vegetables have has been roasted, pop them into a blender with the peeled garlic cloves, tahini, nutritional yeast, stock cube and 1 cup of cold water. Blitz until smooth.
4. Empty the pot that had once sautéed vegetables and leave to the side. Pour soup from blender straight into this pot and heat up. Have your bowls at the ready with any optional crusty sourdough you may have picked up to go with it.
5. Once soup is heated through, serve into bowls, top with sautéed veg, chutney and spice. I hope you love it!
Macros: The above makes two serves, the below are per serve
Each: 38gC 13.5gF 13gP 325calories