So called due to the featured rose petals which lend a mild fragrance and subtle chew. They will happily be made without these but certainly make and share with love
- 1 cup hazelnut meal (almond meal works well too)
- tbsp honey
- 1/4cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Date paste
- which can be made by soaking 1/2 cup of dates in water (30 minutes does the trick) and blitzing them
- 120gish of high quality, dark chocolate
- then garnish as you like: I used salt and rose petals but you may be moved to try seeds, nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon or granola for a bit of crunch
- First get your kettle onto boil. Then, in a double boiler melt coconut oil and mix with other base ingredients. Once something a bit doughy and sticky has formed, press into a previously coconut oil rubbed cake tin. Keep your double boiler on the go to melt chocolate later.
- Then scoop your date paste over and smooth down evenly.
- Taking a clean bowl, break chocolate into small pieces and place over double boilers to melt, stir until a smooth consistency appears. Pour into cake tin and pop into the fridge to set (about 30 minutes-2 hours) depending how you like it
The above makes 6 serves, the macros described are per serve:
Each: 330cal 6gP 24gF 21gC