Call it a fall treat if you wish, I shall be eating it year round and as we drift into Summer. This bread is so versatile for picnicking, keeping handy for lunch or easy dinners and your grandma loves it when you bring round a loaf to go with her home made soups.
- 1 cup boiled pumpkin pieces, skin off
- 1/2cup pea protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pistachio
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- pinch of baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A little olive oil for greasing
Your hot tip of the day is to double the ingredients so you can freeze a few slices if you would like to have something easy to chuck in the toastie machine through out the week
- Pop the kettle onto boil a litre or so whilst you skin and chop 400g of pumpkin pieces to go into a pot. Once the kettle is boiled, let the pumpkin cook in the hot water and a little salt until soft, should take around 7 minutes.
- Get your oven preheating to 190 degrees Celsius
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, fold all dry ingredients together. In a cup, beat your one egg.
- Once the pumpkin has softened, drain water and let cool. Once it has, mash and mix with the egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to your bowl of dry ones and blend to form your dough. From here you can scoop it into a bread tin, top with a couple pistachios, oregano and place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. Check by carefully inserting a skewer into the centre, once it comes out clean, you know the bread is cooked!
- Top with all yummy things and share with those you love best, and even those you love second best.
The above makes 6 serves, the macros described are per serve:
Each: 148cal 11gP 6gF 11gC