Salads are a celebration of contrasts!
Creamy and crunchy
Leafiness with a slight bitter edge on the same forkful as a tangy, salted tomato
With a lovely spoonful of hummus to bring it altogether.
This is the bowl you want to nourish, satisfy and seeing you through to getting the most out of your day.
As a lighter option you will still feel focused and energised unlike a lot of heavy or grainy brunch options. This salad also boasts a heartfelt offering of protein, healthy fats and clean carbohydrates.
- two eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 avocado
- handful of spinach spinach
- Fresh soft herbs (I used parsley and dill)
- salt and pepper to taste
- one serve of hummus made to the below recipe:
- Fill your kettle with fresh water and get boiling. Whilst it is doing so you can potter about your brunch bowl, picking leaves off your herbs, slicing tomato, avocado and perhaps even setting yourself up with tomorrow’s lunch box.
- Once the water is boiled, transfer to a pot and set to high heat. Once bubbling, turn down the heat a wee bit and boil eggs for 4-8 minutes depending how gooey or hard you prefer them. I like to boil eggs in advance to save time later so add a few more in as suits you.
- While your eggs are reaching desired gooey or hardness, you can use the time to whip up hummus or clean the cutting board and other utensils. When eggs are done, drain hot water away and run under a cool tap before peeling the shells away.
- Cut eggs in half and add to bowl with hummus and all other ingredients. Enjoy!
The above will serve one and the below macros describe one serve
305cal 18.5gP 21.5gF 10.5gC
Meal prepping can really set you up for success, especially if time is not always on your side and you are leading a rich and full life with a balance of goals. For more on meal prepping, follow the link below:
If your nutrition is something you want to give focus to and if you need someone who understands time constraints and the importance of sustainability then get in touch!
I help busy people get the most out the time they have to focus on their fitness and nutrition for an enjoyable journey and results that last.